November 2, 2018
Relay for Life T-shirt Design Contest
How would you like your design to be on the front of the Mabry
Relay for Life t-shirt? If the answer is yes, then you should enter
the t-shirt design contest.
Requirements to enter the contest:
1. There is a $10 donation for each entry.
2. Must include the theme:
Mabry Dolphins have hope for a cure
3. Must use 3 colors or less.
4. Design must be drawn by the student on a piece of white 8 x 11
5. Name and grade level must be on the back of the drawing.
You may enter more than one time.
Each entry is a $10 donation to the American Cancer Society.
If paying by check please make it out to the American Cancer Society.
Turn your t-shirt design in to your homeroom teacher.
The deadline is Friday, November 9, 2018!
Please be creative!
November 2, 2018
Hurry! Go to Balfour.com to reserve your child’s tribute today!
Don’t miss your chance to reserve a tribute for everyone to see.
Only one half (1/2) page allowable per student.
Buy your yearbook and tribute today!
5 th Grade Tributes (Yearbook not included)
1/2 Page Tribute- $50
1/4 Page Tribute- $30
$25 per yearbook (In addition to tribute cost)
Go to balfour.com to place your order
by January 18, 2019.
You must order online, checks or cash will not be accepted at school.
Once you pay for the tribute you will receive instructions on how to create the tribute.
Tributes due by January 23, 2019.
Tributes must be turned in on a disc or a thumb drive.
Email tributes will not be accepted.
October 27, 2018
Congrats to Mabry Elementary for being recognized as one of Hillsborough’s Healthiest Schools! Mabry received Gold Status in this school-based initiative to celebrate the efforts of schools across the district to create healthier school environments for students, families, and employees.
October 25, 2018
October 23, 2018
October 20, 2018
- Monday wear red, white, and blue to show that you are a drug free citizen. Sign the drug free pledge and receive a spirit stick!
- Tuesday put a lid on drugs by wearing your favorite hat.
- Wednesday let's team up against drugs by wearing your favorite team jersey.
- Thursday wear red to show your support in leading a drug free life.
- Friday sock it to drugs and wear mismatched or crazy socks.
Red Ribbon Week is a drug prevention campaign that started in 1985 after a kidnapping and murder of a DEA agent by the name of Enrique Camarena. People began wearing red ribbons to support and pledge to lead drug free lives in honor of the sacrifices that Enrique made for his country. Check out the links below for more information and ways to be involved the family in Red Ribbon Week
October 15, 2018
October 14, 2018
Before school Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, have your child stop by the front of the school to sign the anti-bully pledge and receive a sticker! Each pledge signed will become a part of a unity chain we hang in the cafeteria. Let's show each other what kindness is and that we will not tolerate bullying!
October 13, 2018
- Applications open October 26 at noon
- This window closes at 11:59 PM on December 31
- It is NOT first-come/first-serve--families can wait a few days after the app opening to apply
- Middle Magnet themes range from IB to STEM to Arts to Medical to College Prep
- Families can apply to UP TO 3 programs--IF they receive an offer they will receive only ONE offer